- 140g cold unsalted butter
- 215g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp white sugar
- Ice cold water
Egg wash: 1 egg + 1 tbsp water
For the icing:
- 75g icing sugar
- A bit of water enough to make a thick consistency Filling: store bought blueberry pie filling
- Put all ingredients for the dough except ice cold water in the food processor and blend to break chunks of butter into small pieces. If you don’t have a food processor just use your hands to break them apart.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ice cold water little by little until the dough comes together using your hands.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take out dough and roll out to form 12 inch x 9 inch rectangle.
- Measure 3 inch in width to form 4 rectangles.
- Cut to form rectangles.
- Put blueberry filling at one end and fold to seal. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 190°C for 20-30 mins or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by mixing a bit of water into icing sugar until forms a thick consistency (refer to video).
- Wait for the tarts to cool completely and top with icing. (Do not put icing when tarts are still warm as it will melt the icing and will not stay).
- Top with colorful sprinkles.
- Serve or store in an airtight container at room temp (3 days)/fridge (6 days)/freezer (3 months).