2 cups plain flour (plus an additional 2 tbsp flour for later)
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
175 grams unsalted butter (cold, sliced into 1-2 cm cubes)
1 extra large egg
1 jar FRUTTOSE blueberry jam
1 cup oats
1 kilogram blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 kilogram jam sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/200C fan-forced. Grease and line a 27 cm x 17 cm brownie/slice tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the 300g plain flour, caster sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Add the cubes of butter, and use your fingertips to rub it into the mixture until it forms a rough, shaggy heap and the butter is all but incorporated. This takes a few minutes!
4. Add the egg, and use a wooden spoon to mix. It should form a thick paste.
5. Spread half of the mixture into the tin using a small offset spatula. It’s quite thick so I find the offset spatula is very effective at smoothing it out!
6. Spread the blueberry jam over the bottom layer.
7. To the remaining batter, add the cup of oats and remaining 2 tbsp of flour. Mix with your fingertips until the mixture forms a crumble.
8. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top of the jam, and press it down lightly.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
10. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before removing and placing on a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice into bars and serve.
Go to our Dealer Page to find the nearest location where you can get our Fruttose Blueberry jam. Or better still, buy online on Lazada or Shopee! Click on links above.